Saturday, October 2, 2010

What's Up?


Hi All

The weather is actually slightly cooler in St. Kitts! Yay! Maybe it's the hurricanes :) Things are going well. Jason's schedule is better now that he has all the lectures finished. Eli and I are doing great. We have decided to keep him out of preschool/daycare this semester. So far, so good. We are both enjoying it. We meet with a parent's group at a pool once a week and usually make it to the beach a couple of times a week - tough life I know!

Jason seems to be settling in well at the university. We are attending a 2K/5K for the children's home later today and Jason will start sailing lessons next week. We are still snorkeling on the weekends. Maybe we'll get a sitter so we can scuba dive soon. The picture above is from a hike we did. Elijah had so much fun. So life is good. There are plenty of outdoor activities to keep us busy. We have also been able to keep up with Auburn football via ESPN. It's not as exciting as tailgating in Auburn but we are thankful to be able to watch the Tigers.

Bible studies are going well. We are always encouraged by them. There are several students interested in the Sudan trip in April so that is exciting also. I promised Jason to give Africa another chance, so here we go.

There are days in St. Kitts when I miss so many of my friends and wish I just had someone to talk to that knew me well. Sometimes I want the conveniences of home. This week there were bugs in the flour, bugs in the grits, bugs in the rice, mold on the melon, and a gecko in the sink. ARRRHHHH! That said we know God has placed us here and find peace in that. We are excited about seeing family in December though!!!

We try to live each day seeking God's direction here in St. Kitts but sometimes find ourselves daydreaming about other places. Of course with Jason, it's always Africa. For now God has placed us here and we pray that we will be guided by what God has planned for us here instead of always looking to what's next.

I am considering starting a master's degree online. You can pray that we would have wisdom in that. We certainly need to weigh the cost vs benefit but I feel like God keeps putting it in front of me. I will keep you posted.

War Eagle!



No comments:

Post a Comment